Thursday, April 20, 2017

Treasure Mountain - A Short Review








With this novel, I think I might have gotten a little out of order for the series. In it, the Sackett brothers (Tell, Tyrel, and Orrin) decide to track down what happened to their father. He had left Tennessee when they were just boys to head West and make a better future for them, but he never returned. In the book, we learn that their father had discovered buried treasure along with several men from New Orleans. One of them had tried to keep it all for himself and killed the others. The Sackett brothers got their justice.

This was a good book. More than some of the others, I was really pulling for the Sacketts. I know I would really want justice for my father if he had been treated the same way as theirs! More and more, as I read these books, I want to go to the West and see the sights for myself. L’Amour claims to have used real locations exclusively, and I think I believe it. In many cases, the way he describes a mountain or creek makes me really think he has been there and seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment